Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Pause, Poll and Pitch

The Intelligencer is feeling a little under the weather today. So, I'm taking the day off. I hope those who are visiting the site for the first time for the Yushchenko poisoning story will also take the time to have a look at the earlier posts on Ukraine:

Europe’s Ukraine I: Viktor Yushchenko, Democrat and Anti-Semite? (with Follow-Ups I and II)
Europe's Ukraine II: The OSCE and Electoral Fraud - A Record of Partiality?
Europe's Ukraine III: Who Supports Yushchenko? - Leftist Fantasies and German Realities (with Follow-Ups I and II)

You can also vote in the poll in the sidebar on the topic you would like to see covered next on Transatlantic Intelligencer.

If you feel so inclined, you are also more than welcome to contribute to the development of Transatlantic Intelligencer via the Paypal button also in the sidebar. Not too far into the New Year, I hope to be rolling out a new and improved Transatlantic Intelligencer, with the blog as always, but also full translations from the European press and occasional feature articles from both myself and invited guest authors. You can help make it happen with your contributions. As I have noted and, I hope, shown in various posts on Trans-Int, the established English-language media are doing a disservice to the English-speaking public. It is time, I think, to use the possibilities opened up by the Web not just to snipe at them (enjoyable, I admit), but to replace them.